Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hourglass Femme Rouge Lipstick in Whisper

Hourglass Femme Rouge Lipstick in Whisper


I think that I've made it pretty obvious - like here and here -  that I am a huge, huge fan of Hourglass Cosmetics' Femme Rouge Lipstick formula.

Even though I'd only tried one shade - the wonderfully peachy-nude, Grace - I could see why Hourglass gets away with charging a whopping $30 per lipstick.  Smooth, creamy and completely non-drying, it's like heaven on the lips - and without question, the best lipstick formula I've ever tried.

And because I love Grace so much, I've been dying to try another shade for the longest time. But as much money as I spend on makeup, even I have a hard time justifying spending $30 on a single lipstick.

So about a month ago when Sephora was having its 15% off sale for VIBs, I decided it was a good time to splurge.  Hourglass has a bunch of gorgeous shades, but the one that immediately caught my eye was Whisper.

And just like Grace, after getting this bad boy home, I am totally, head over heels in love with it. 

Hourglass Whisper swatch (in artificial light)

Hourglass Whisper swatch (in natural light)


Hourglass describes it as a golden pink beige shimmer, and that is fairly accurate - though I can't say I really see the beige.  It's a lovely golden pink that works well for everyday (it would probably make my Favorite Everyday Lipsticks list even though I've only had it for a few weeks).

There is definite shimmer, though - unlike Grace, which is matte - so if you're not a fan of shimmery lipsticks, you may not like this particular shade.  However, I will point out that even with the shimmer, Whisper feels totally smooth on the lips - no grit at all. 

The only really bad thing that I can say about Whisper (and Grace for that matter) is that it feels so lovely and looks so beautiful that I pretty much want every single shade of Femme Rouge Lipstick that Hourglass makes.

A pretty costly addiction, huh?

Have you tried the Hourglass lipsticks?  What lipstick formula is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

meta name="p:domain_verify" content="07204cabec270a3888719bfc0