Friday, March 2, 2012

February Favorites

Favorites for Feburary 2012

I always like to do a post about some of my favorite things on Fridays, but instead of focusing on a specific type of product, I decided to join the monthly favorites bandwagon and share the products that I’vve loved throughout the month of February. I love these types of blog posts or videos because it’s always so interesting to see what products are getting love from fellow beauty junkies.

My first two February favorites won’t come as much of a surprise if you’ve read my blog post from a couple of weeks ago about finding new loves. After coveting it for more than a year, I finally got my hot little hands on Mac’s Innocence, Beware Cremesheen lipstick. It’s a gorgeous peachy-pink nude shade that isn’t too light for my fair skin. I won’t go on too much about it since I already have, but I’ve worn it at least twice a week since I got it. 
MAC's Innocence Beware


The other item I mentioned in the New Loves post was Milani’s Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar.  I use it as a blush, and it gives the most beautiful warm, peachy glow to my cheeks. There’s a little bit of bronze in it as well, so it’s a pretty sunkissed look too – which means I’ll still be wearing it like crazy in the spring and summer.
Milani's Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar

Milani's Amber Nectar swatch


When I haven’t been wearing Milani’s Amber Nectar this month, I’ve been wearing the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dazzled.  It came in the third shipment of Tarte’s Glow Your Way to Gorgeous TSV from QVC, and it’s a beautiful berry shade that gives my cheeks a naturally flushed glow.  I’m not sure if this is available on its own yet, but if you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend it.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in dazzled

Tarte's dazzled swatch


Of all my eye shadows and palettes, the one that I reached for the most this month was the Too Faced Matte Eye.  I love shimmery shadows, but I always make sure to balance out shimmer with some matte shadows. No matter what other shadows I use, there’s always a matte shade in the Too Faced Matte Eye palette to go with them.  And Too Faced’s matte shadows are wonderfully creamy and smooth – some of the best I’ve tried, actually. 
Too Faced Matte Eye Palette

Too Faced Matte Eye swatches


Revlon’s Lip Butters have gotten quite a bit of love in beauty blogger world – and rightfully so.  These lipsticks are super hydrating and smooth, and have a pretty, shiny look on the lips.  They also come in a wide range of gorgeous colors –and I love a bunch of them.  But in February, the Lip Butter that I reached for most was definitely Peach Parfait. It’s a pretty coral-y pink shade that adds color to the face but doesn’t seem too bright for the winter. 
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait


Instead of reaching for my usual black liners this month, I’ve been using Mac’s Eye Kohl in Phone Number, a smooth, charcoal gray shade.  It’s still dark enough to define my eyes and make my non-existent lashes look thicker, but it’s not as harsh as black with my blue eyes and fair skin.  I’d forgotten that I had this liner in my collection, so I was happy to rediscover it in February.
MAC Eye Kohl in Phone Number


It probably goes without saying – because I’ve babbled on and on about it enough times already – but Makeup Forever’s HD Primer was definitely a February favorite.  A forever favorite actually, so I’ll probably refrain from mentioning in future monthly favorites posts. 
MUFE HD Primer


Finally, I’m not sure that I could have gotten through the month of February or any other months this winter without First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream.  I’ve mentioned it in my skincare routine post, but it moisturizes super dry, dehydrated or irritated skin like no other moisturizer I’ve tried. It may be too heavy for me in the summer, but I will not go through any winter without a tub of this stuff.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

What were your favorites in February?  Did you buy anything new this month that rocked your world?  Did you rediscover an old favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

meta name="p:domain_verify" content="07204cabec270a3888719bfc0